1. The larger generalizations of Science which apply to physical Nature have already been discovered by the Indian sages during the time of the Upanishads.
2. Upanishads are not a work of the intellect.
3. The Vedantic seers saw the Truth rather than merely thought it. They saw self-existence in the light of the Infinite. That is why the teachings of the Upanishads are still alive and immortal.
4. The Upanishads are Vedanta, a book of knowledge higher even than the Vedas. But they are knowledge in a profounder sense of Jnana.
5. The teachings of the Upanishads are not merely the mental forms of truth grasped by the intellectual mind but the seeing of the Truth by the soul and a total living in it with the power of the inner being.
6. Sri Aurobindo says that the spiritual seizing by a kind of identification with the object of knowledge is jnana.